Counselling, Psychotherapy, Ethics, Law – Friday 13th September
Counselling, psychotherapy, ethics, law is the title of our next CPD event; which will be held in Stockport on Friday 13th September 2013.
Many practitioners, service managers and supervisors are at risk because they lack knowledge of the legal aspects of counselling and psychotherapy.
This workshop will cover:
- Outline of the legal system
- Ethics and legal principles
- Confidentiality and the law
- Professional negligence
It will appeal to practitioners, service managers, supervisors and students.
Participants will gain:
- increased clarity about the relationship between counselling and the law
- greater understanding of the ethical and legal issues involved in breaking or maintaining client confidentiality
- more confidence in grasping key legal concepts, such as ‘duty of care’
- the opportunity to discuss issues and ask questions relating to this crucial topic
- a signed CPD Certificate and workshop handbook at the end of the day
Peter Jenkins is an experienced counsellor trainer, and author of several books on the law, including ‘Counselling, Psychotherapy and the Law’ (Second edition, Sage, 2007). He has extensive experience of running training workshops on legal aspects of therapy. He is a Senior Lecturer in Counselling at the University of Manchester and an honorary counsellor at Manchester University Counselling Service. Formerly a member of the BACP Professional Conduct Committee, he is currently a member of the UKCP Ethics Committee.
For further information click here.